Junior Leadership Team
What is The Junior Leadership Team?
The Junior Leadership Team is group of pupils who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and work together to improve their school, the community and the world.
We follow a democratic process to elect the Junior Leaders. If a child wishes to become a Junior Leader, they must give a short speech to their class. A democratic vote then takes place and two children are elected from each class (Year 3 to Year 6). Our Junior Leadership Team must model our school values at all times.
As part of the Junior Leadership Team, children will support the Local Advisory Committee, Head Teacher, teachers and all other members of staff to find ways of improving the school experience for all pupils. The Junior Leadership Team are the representative of all pupils to enable them to have a say in improving their own education and developing new ideas for the future.
The Junior Leadership Team meet staff regularly and discuss issues that are important to the children. They have an agenda, which they create, and a member of the Junior Leadership Team takes the minutes and another chairs the meeting.
Why do we have a Junior Leadership Team?
- To improve the school according to the children’s point of view.
- To make sure the children have a platform to voice their opinions.
- To discuss and raise issues that matter to the children.
What do we do in our meetings?
The Junior Leaders meet with Mrs Martin and Miss Starrs to discuss the action plan for the term. They then meet with their classes to discuss ideas about changes and improvements to our school. During the following meeting, issues are then raised and they discuss how to move forwards with our ideas. They carry out surveys within school to gather pupils’ opinions and then discuss these at our meetings and make decisions about what we need to do next.
What does the Junior Leadership Team do?
At Blowers Green Primary, the Leadership team help lead and manage on 3 key areas:
1. School projects – an agenda of school improvement projects is decided upon early on in the year. Children meet together to discuss issues such as playground equipment, curriculum ideas, school reading projects and much more.
2. Community projects – the Junior Leadership Team meet together to decide on projects that can have an impact on our local community. Fund raising and volunteering projects that involve families from the community are organised and ran by our Junior Leadership Team.
3. World projects – Our Junior Leadership Team also meet together to think about how we can have an impact on the world. Projects involving environmental action, charity fundraising and linking up with other schools across the world enable our Junior Leadership Team to know that they can have a positive impact on the world.
Below, you will find our Action Plan and Code of Conduct: